Virtual Summer Camp Program: Digital Storytelling
Looking for a fun and interactive program for youth in your community this summer? We’re offering a new virtual summer camp program! It will provide youth interested in media arts an opportunity to develop their creative skills and express themselves as artists. This two-week program focuses on digital storytelling and helping youth find and use their voice to tell stories using technology.
In this session, youth will:
- Learn the fundamentals of storytelling
- Workshop their story ideas in group activities and one-on-one mentor sessions
- Participate in in-class video production, stop-motion, and editing sessions
- Find their voices through various creative exercises using different technologies
- Explore how to create and share their digital stories on social media platforms
- Discuss how to become socially conscious of their online presence
- Complete three digital storytelling projects to showcase at the end-of-program screening celebration
Duration: Sessions run for two consecutive weeks. Our team will offer sessions in July and August.
Timing: Sessions are 2 hours per day, 10 am – 12 pm or 2 pm – 4 pm.
Technology Required: Youth will need access to a tablet or cell phone with a camera.
Maximum number of participants per session: 10 campers
Target audience: Youth aged 12-15
To learn more and inquire about pricing, please contact us by email or phone at 1-888-844-9022 ext. 808.